Did you notice that the Town of Manlius is considering building a new Town Hall? This topic was discussed early in the 8/11 meeting if you want to check the video. The proposed new building is centrally located on North Burdick Street and will house the current Town Hall staff as well as the Police Department [currently renting from the Village of Manlius].
We want to hear from YOU. Do you like this idea or not? We do not have consensus.
This public comment form is also a good way for you to make suggestions for the use of American Rescue Plan Act [ARPA] funds. We have had very preliminary discussions regarding these funds which will be over $2 million, but no decisions have been made.
Do you have opinions about Recreational Marijuana stores and/or on-site consumption in the Town [outside Villages]? We want to hear from you!
Do you live in the Minoa Fire Protection District/Fremont? Please plan to attend the virtual public meeting scheduled for September 29 th at 6:30PM via zoom. This announcement has been published in the Eagle Bulletin.
In other business…
- Councilor Denton is still working with NYSERDA and National Grid to install an electric vehicle charging station behind Town Hall.
- The Board approved the RFP for Trash and Brush contracts with amendments.
- The Town has not yet found a qualified candidate to fill the vacancy in Codes Enforcement. Do you know a qualified candidate?
- The Town Board selected the employee retirement plan [called 457].
- Two additional Special Patrol Officers have been authorized by the F-M School District. The School District pays for them, but they are uniformed and armed employees of the Town of Manlius Police Department. F-M now has six Officers and ESM has two.
- We authorized a Map, Plan & Report for a small water district at Appletree Ridge.
- The Town Attorney was authorized to negotiate a Host Community Agreement with CVE, the developer of the Duguid Road Commercial Solar Array.
- The Commercial Solar Study Group will meet in September to learn more about Host Community Agreements.